Our top gear picks to help you start planning your next backcountry skiing or snowboarding trip
Nothing beats an epic day in the backcountry, especially when you feel confident in your gear and attire. Having the right setup for a day in the backcountry is crucial to your overall safety and comfort — from an avalanche beacon you can fully trust, to something as simple as a solid base layer. Here’s a list of the brands and items we enjoy for our backcountry outings.
- Backcountry Access Float 32 Airbag 2.0
- Osprey Men’s Soelden Pro 32 Avalanche Airbag
- Osprey Women’s Sopris Pro 30 Avalanche Airbag
Avalanche Rescue Packages
*Includes Beacon, Probe & Shovel
Sunscreen/ Lip Balm
- Raw Elements Natural Face + Body SPF 30
- Thinksport SPF 50+
- Raw Elements Lip Rescue SPF 30
- Sun Bum Mineral SPF 30 Lip Balm
In the Gear Bin section of the Winter 2021 issue, the Sena Snowtalk 2 was listed as $499. The actual price of this product was $99 (see above). We apologize for any confusion this has caused our readers.